Friday, April 26, 2013

Our Phone Interview

We had our phone interview with our case worker this afternoon!  It was basically a chance for her to get to know us and thoroughly review the process with us.  Whew!  It is a lot to grasp but I am more excited than ever!  I got to ask her all about her trip to "our country" this past March.  She told us about the orphanages, the people who would be taking care of our adoption in-country, the culture and the beautiful kiddos.  I have seen the pictures and videos but hearing someone actually describe it to you is a whole new ball game!  After hearing her stories, I was ready to get on a plane!  I know that we have a very loooooong wait ahead of us but my arms are already aching to hold our sweet kiddo.

I am overwhelmed with a passion to bring home our son or daughter. We learned a little more about why most of these children are released for adoption and came across another difficult-to-swallow statistic: "[This country] has long had more abortions than births and was previously estimated to lose as much as 40 percent of its population."  Statistics say that 40% of  women here have had an abortion.  40%!  I am SO grateful that some of these mothers are choosing LIFE for their babies!  Please pray for the hearts of these women facing such difficult decisions.  Pray that God would clearly reveal His will that they choose LIFE for themselves and their children and that He would present them with opportunities to parent or to find other mommies and daddies who want to love these precious little ones.

This makes me reflect on our child.  It is possible that our child hasn't even been born yet!  Please be in prayer for this woman who is carrying such a special gift.  Pray for her heart as she is making (or already made) a decision that will alter her future forever.  While bringing home a child is a thrilling event for our family, it is breaking apart another.   I liken it to a heart transplant.  One family gets to celebrate new life, while another has only memories and the hope that they made the right choice.  A mother is giving away her heart for me to love.   It is a very humbling and difficult concept to grasp, but we are thrilled to open our arms to the child God has picked for our family.


So what's next?  We will begin our home study as soon as our social worker can get us scheduled! Thanks for checking in on us. There are many decisions ahead of us.  More updates coming soon!

I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.  ~ John 14:18

1 comment:

  1. Mandy,
    I am excited and thrilled for your family and this precious child of yours. I look forward to you sharing your journey with us, and in return us joining in prayer for all involved! As you spoke of the birth mother who has or will be faced with such a life altering decision, I am reminded of Kelly Moore's story of her daughter Chapel and their journey along with her birth mother. You may have seen the video already, but if not, I thought I would share with you as it was such a blessing to me.
    http://kellymoorebag.com/blog/?page_id=9364
    I'm looking forward to following your story!
    ~Amanda (Birch) Witte

    ReplyDelete